#AkumaFamily | Horus 7s
12th January 2018
In 2016, Cpl Rob Bugden was involved in a horrific parachute accident leaving him paralysed from the waist down and no dexterity in his hands. So his friends started the Horus 7s! The team, named after the Egyptian god of air, is predominantly made up of ADW and BZN personnel.
Their aim is to bring the wing closer together and make Cpl Bugden and his family feel apart of ADW and BZN. In 2018, they intend to take Cpl Bugden overseas as he is yet to travel due to his injury.
Next season they have entered into 6 tournaments including the RAF Centenary 7s and Heart of Wales Festival 7s, so get down and support them if you can. Check out some of their highlights from this year below…
This season they have undertaken the following
- Minety – May 17: Came 2nd out of 14 Teams: 54 personnel attended from within the squad/families. Squad made up of 7 ADW and 5 BZN Buccs. £180 raised for charity
- Witney – Jun 17: Winners out of 13 Teams: 75 personnel attended from within the squad/families. Squad made up of 6 ADW, 5 BZN Buccs and 1 trg Off Halton (Belly) – £220 raised for charity
- North Dorset – Jul 17: Quarter Finals out of 41 Teams: 62 personnel attended from within the squad/families. Source a 52 seater bus so that Cpl Bugden could travel with the team. Squad made up of 8 ADW and 4 BZN Buccs – £240 raised for charity
- World Record Witney – Jul 17: Completed 24.5hr and ratified. Over 140 personnel attended over the 28 hour period. Many local businesses providing support and funding. Squads made up of 10ADW and 4 Bzn Buccs. This event also raised in excess of £3500 for charity
- Harpenden 7s – 27 Aug 2017. Lost in final of the plate.
- Interviews on BT Sport Rugby tonight on Mar 18.
Fund Raising we have raised approx £5000 not inc the presentation eve.